Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Block Tech 20x20 plates

In the « Bricks And Figures » blog I read a note about Block Tech bricks available at Walmart, I took a chance and went to my local store to see what they had.

I ended with four 20x20 plates (one per bag), I took two blue and two in sand color, blue matches perfectly with Lego, sand is a bit lighter. The size is not a standard one but it would work with what I had in mind.

When I got home I took care to check if the size was the right one before opening all, some time ago I bought a Brictek baseplate package (two 16x32 studs) those are almost 1mm longer than the Lego ones, it adds a lot of stress on the bricks and causes problems when trying to build something (starts bending) completely useless. The Block Tech ones are perfect! I will probably buy more.

I have the Lego set 6490, it was a good improvement for the display, more playable...

Before:

Then I added the Lego set 6665, a Kayak from the ToysrUs Build&Take events, the Hiker from the collectable series 16 and a customized 4x4 I built over the red car that comes in the Lego set 6375 (Exxon gas station):



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunar Space Station

Last winter I got a good deal on the Lego Lunar Space Station 60227 , it's a nice set, and would have been better if it was bigger, in ...