Monday, April 10, 2017

Mixed harbour

For a long time I have been dealing with the idea of building a Lego harbour (port) layout, last weekend I took some time to start with.

Whenever I can I recycle material, this time it was not an exception. I had some chipboard wood panels with white melamine stored, and a textured acrylic panel, so I quickly built up something in my “play room”. 

The idea is having two levels:
  • Sea level
  • Port/harbour level
I measured everything in order to have baseplates on the raised level that would be exactly at two bricks height compared with the sea level:

I forgot that the raised baseplates from the 90's had the road a bit higher, I should have planned a height of 2 1/3. I will need to adjust this next weekend.

Anyway, here are some views of the first mockup:






The last two pictures were taken after adding a blue colored paper and a transparent textured acrylic, to create the water effect.

Mostly Lego, but also the Enlighten Rescue Center (copy of Lego set 6479), some MegaBlocks base plates and a BlockTech 20x20 blue base plate that I bought at Walmart some days ago (see « Bricks And Figures » blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunar Space Station

Last winter I got a good deal on the Lego Lunar Space Station 60227 , it's a nice set, and would have been better if it was bigger, in ...